Okay, the contest is officially open! The theme? Why... ME! Of course!
Basically, you can submit anything if it is something I drew or written during my time on DA, I will even accept fanart of both my OCs and favorite characters. Heck, you can base the piece on a journal entry of mine! The end time for entries will be around September 9th, 2015, at 23:59 eastern time.Basic Ruling
Submissions must be based a picture or journal post I made, or be about a character or scene that I like. All art forms will be accepted. Note me with your entry with the title "10thAni Contest Entry" in the message's title.
- Two entries per contestant. If the submission is part of a multi page comic or so, then it has to be in one file to count as an entry.
- Keep things appropriate for an everyone contest. No overwhelming gore or nudity.
- Pieces I that I made as request/commission work for others don't count for this contest, as well as gift art I made/commissioned for explicitly for others (like their take of a character or their OCs). You can base your entry on a piece that I commissioned from another artist. If you are unsure what piece would qualify, contact me via note with a link to the piece in question and I can confirm it for you.
- I will not accept simply traced and colored work. You can use references for bases, but the submission has to be 100% you.
- No hiring commission artists for the job. You CAN collaborate on an entry, but then you have to split the prize money.
- Artists whom made pictures for me in the past, commissioned or requested, can enter, but they can NOT base their entry on the things I commissioned/requested them for, at least to a specific detail if was just fan art of a character. That kind of familiarity IS abit of an unfair advantage to everyone else.
Prizes will be
1st place: $50 payable via PayPal. If not PayPal, then DA points or premium subscription. If not that, they can me where they want the money sent.
2nd place: $30 payable via PayPal. If not PayPal, then DA points or premium subscription.If not that, they can me where they want the money sent.
3rd Place: $20 payable via PayPal. If not PayPal, then DA points or premium subscription. If not that, they can me where they want the money sent.
All entries will have their name and submission feature in a journal post after the the contest closes.
Okay, I hope those rules make sense. If not, ask here and I will try to add more info via the comments.
I just wanted to try to make a big show for myself for this event while trying to be fun for others.... I will post the instructions to the Super Smash Bros tourney with the art prizes soon.
Also, close to 70k pageviews, so....